The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 28 August 2019
1. Launch of mobile application 'Jan Aushadhi Sugam' -
- The Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers launched the mobile application 'Jan Aushadhi Sugam' in New Delhi today and announced that the Jan Aushadhi facility will be available with oxo-biodigable sanitary napkins at the rate of Rs 1 per pad.
- The Government of India launched 'Jan Aushadhi Suvidha Oxo-Biodigable Sanitary Napkin' on the eve of World Environment Day on June 4, 2018 at the rate of Rs 2.5 per pad. The special feature of Jan Aushadhi facility is that when it comes in contact with oxygen after use, this pad becomes biodigable. As of 31 August 2019, the Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras sold more than 1.30 crore pads.
- In order to make sanitary pads available to women of India at cheaper rates, the government has now decided that these pads will be made available at the rate of Rs 1 per pad, as the first Prime Minister of 'Lok Sabha Election-2019' I promised.
- Due to non availability of sanitary pads in the market at cheaper rates, many women of the country adopt unhealthy methods during menstruation. This is an important step to ensure health protection for women in this regard. This will ensure 'sanitation, health and convenience' for the underprivileged women of the country.
- 'Jan Aushadhi Sugam' mobile application, nearby Jan Aushadhi Kendras, route to reach those centers through Google Map, Jan Aushadhi to detect biological drugs, comparison of organic and branded medicines based on the value of medicines, to be spent Will get information about savings This mobile application is available on Android and iOS platforms. These can be downloaded for free from Google Play Store and Apple Store.
2. Defense Correspondent Course-2019 started at MWC, Mumbai -
- One month Defense Correspondent Course (DCC) for selected journalists from regional and national media started on 26 August 2019 at Maritime Warfare Center (MWC). The Chief of Western Naval Command gave the inaugural address and the Director of MWC welcomed the 32 participants attending the course. The objective of the MWC is to create a group of journalists at all levels who have an understanding of the armed forces and are familiar with their field of work when reporting news related to the maritime environment.
- In the next week, these participants will be briefed by the Navy and Coast Guard experts on their subjects and apprised them of naval operations such as aircraft carrier operations, naval diplomacy, role of Navy's humanitarian aid and disaster relief, organizational structure of Navy and Coast Guard. Will go. Participants will also visit naval and Coast Guard ships, submarines and naval docks. The naval part of this course is characterized by the experience of seeing the Navy in action by the participants in the form of a maritime military attack on the advance ship fleet.
3. Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Awards 2018 announced-
- Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award for encouragement to develop a sense of endurance in the youth, to take risks, to support teamwork and to get quick, ready and effective response and knowledge of adventure activities in challenging situations Earned achievements in areas such as providing incentives to young people Are given annually to recognize.
- This award is given in four categories - Land Adventure, Water Adventure, Air Adventure and Lifetime Achievement. This year a National Selection Committee was formed under the chairmanship of Secretary (Youth Affairs). This committee consists of expert members from the field of adventure.