The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 27 August 2019
1. Signing of Memorandum of Understanding between Department of Social Justice and Empowerment and National AIDS Control Organization-
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed today between the Department of Social Justice and Empowerment and the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The main points of the MOU are as follows:-
- Involvement of targeted groups of National Action Plan for NACO and Drug Demand Reduction (NAPDDR) to create awareness in NAPDDR and NACO programs.
- Enhancing the relationship and effective synergy between the Drug Users Targeted Intervention (IDU-TI) supported by NACO and the Integrated Rehabilitation Center for Drug Addicts (DSJE) supported by DSJE.
- To create awareness and educate people about the ill effects of drug abuse on the individual, family, workplace and the whole society, and to bring drug addicts back to society and drug dependent groups and Reducing discrimination against individuals.
- To develop human resources and capacity building to strengthen service delivery mechanisms for the treatment of drug addiction.
- Develop welfare plans for the purpose of social inclusion and empowerment of transgenders due to HIV and drug abuse due to social isolation.
- Dealing with the risk of spreading HIV to individuals using drugs through preventive risk reduction messages about HIV / STIs and establishing relationships with Integrated Testing and Counseling Centers (ICTCs) and other services.
- Working for the empowerment of HIV / AIDS victims, drug use victims, women sex workers and vulnerable groups such as beggars and transgenders, and a facilitator to promote the defense of all these human rights And to provide social security and psycho-social security by providing a conducive environment.
- The inclusion of female sex workers and transgender as a target group for social security and drug addicts as a target group for NACO.
- Reducing incidents of social stigma and discrimination against drug victims and children and those living with HIV / AIDS through an educational program.
2. A two-day brainstorming session on technology innovation and strategy for farmers' prosperity in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh begins in New Delhi-
- Inaugurated a two-day brainstorming session on technology innovation and strategy for the prosperity of farmers of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in New Delhi today. He said that the village, the poor and the farmers remain at the center of the Prime Minister's thoughts and all agriculture-related programs are aimed at doubling the income of farmers by 2022.
- For the first time, the Central Government is organizing a session of deliberations keeping in mind the specific state. In this, direct talks are being held with farmers. He said that the bank formalities have been reduced and farmers can easily open bank accounts. He said that farmers should join the pension scheme-PM Manadhan Yojana. Farmers who have joined this scheme will be provided with all the information on their mobiles.
- By adopting new and modern technologies, the goal of doubling the income of farmers by 2022 can be achieved. Issues like ensuring fair prices of agricultural products, role of market through FPO, role of scientists and institutes, crop change etc. should also be discussed.
- On this occasion, test kits, vaccines developed by ICAR institutes and eight ICAR mobile apps were launched. More than three hundred farmers, students, entrepreneurs, directors and vice chancellors of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh are participating in this two-day session.
3. The 7th Community Radio Conference will be held in Delhi from 27 to 29 August-
- Seventh Community Radio Conference, New Delhi Dr. B.R. It will be held from 27 to 29 August 2019 at Ambedkar Bhavan. The conference organized by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting will see participation of all the radio stations operating across the country.
- The theme of this year's conference is 'Community Radio for SDGs'. Representatives of community radio stations will discuss their experiences and explore possibilities of preparing program plans to create better awareness among the public about the sustainable development goals.
- The conference will discuss various major programs of the government such as water power campaign and disaster risk reduction efforts. In addition to social media and content management for community radio stations, research, formulation, broadcasting and dissemination of messages related to social welfare will also be discussed.