The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 26 & 27 July 2019
1. 20th Kargil Vijay Din (July 26) -
- The President paid tribute to the martyrs of the Indian Army in the Kargil War of 1999 on the Chir Corps (15 Corps) War Memorial in Srinagar on the 20th Kargil Victory Day.
2. The beginning of the 7th economic calculation-
- The field work of 7th Economic Census will be started in Tripura on July 29, 2019 and after this the work will be done in Puducherry.
- Area work in other states (union territories) will commence in August / September, 2019.
- Seventh Economic Census is being organized by the Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation in 2019. In the current economic calculation, the Ministry has partnered with the CSC e-Governance Service India Limited, a special purpose vehicle under the Ministry of Information Technology and Electronic and Information Technology for the seventh economic calculation. In the 7th economic calculation, IT based digital platforms will be used for gathering data, preparing their certification, and preparing reports. The area work of 7th economic calculation is expected to end in next month. After verification and certification of the field work, its results will be available.
- In the economic calculation, the production and distribution of goods / services (other than their own consumption) in families enterprises, non-agricultural and non-farm sector will be calculated.
3. Dubai World Expo 2020'-
- Dubai World Expo 2020 will be organized from 20th October, 2020 to next six months i.e. 10th April 2021 The meeting was held in New Delhi last night, in which the officials of the Commerce Department, Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), National Building Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC) and other stakeholders were present.
- EXPO theme is 'Connecting Minds, Creating the Future'. Here are three sub-topics: opportunity, mobility and continuity. Its purpose is to find sustainable solutions to global problems and to explore the possibilities of cooperation in all cultures, countries and regions. Exhibition of more than 25 million visitors will be represented by 180 countries.
- India Pavilion will be a permanent structure which is being constructed in the 'Appointment' section. This building will be India's workshop and it will be environmentally friendly. It will also show the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi being celebrated this year.
- In order to show India's specialty in innovation and start-up areas, along with the progress achieved by India in space, medicines, information technology, renewable energy and telecommunication sectors, 27 such areas have been identified to focus on Will be done.
4. Rajya Sabha passed the RTI Amendment Bill, 2019
- The Lok Sabha passed the Right to Information (Amendment) Bill, 2019, 22 July. The Right to Information Act 2005 will be amended by the Chief Information Commissioner and Information Commissioner and the Chief Information Commissioner of the State and the Office of the Information Commissioner, Salaries, allowances and other rules and conditions will be determined by the Central Government.
5. India's 52nd rank in 'Global Innovation Index-2013'
- The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railway Minister Mr. Piyush Goyal today launched 'Global Innovation Index (GII) 2019' in New Delhi. India has climbed five places from the 57th position last year to 52nd position in the year 2019.
- Referring to the GII theme of this year, 'Creating a Healthy Life- The Future of Medical Innovation', Shri Goyal said that the Indian government is not only focusing on therapeutic but also preventive health care, under which good health is ensured Doing becomes a part of society.
- GII Ranking is published every year by Cornell University, INSEAD and the United Nations World Intellectual Property Organization (VIPO) and knowledge partners of GII. This is the 12th edition of the GII ranking of 129 economies, which is based on 80 indicators. From the rates of application of intellectual property to applications ranging from mobile applications, expenditure on education and scientific and technology releases, these indicators are included.
- Switzerland is still the first in the 'GII'. This is followed by Sweden, America, Netherlands, UK, Finland, Denmark, Singapore, Germany and Israel.
6. Report on the system of expenditure related to R & D of India
- Special session was organized to discuss the system of expenditure related to R & D (R & D) related to India during the inauguration of the Global Innovation Index (GII) - 2019 in New Delhi today.
- Investments in R & B are the key inputs of economic development. Their impact has been proven on productivity, exports, employment and capital formation. India's investment in R & D has been showing steady increase over the last few years. Although it is a fraction of India's gross domestic product (GDP), it remains steady at around 0.6% to 0.7% of India's GDP. It is less than the countries of America (2.8), China (2.1), Israel (4.3) and Korea (4.2).