The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 23 September 2019
1. Prime Minister met members of the Davoodi Bohra community in Houston, Texas -
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi met and interacted with members of the Davoodi Bohra community in Houston, Texas today.
- Members of the community honored the Prime Minister in Houston. During the conversation, members of Davoodi Bohra underlined the Prime Minister's association with Syedna Saheb. He also recalled Narendra Modi's visit to Indore last year to participate in his community program.
- Tweeting after the conversation, the Prime Minister said, "The Dawoodi Bohra community has carved a distinct identity around the world. In Houston I had the opportunity to spend time with him and talk on many issues. "
2. Indian Air Force honored Air Force Marshal and Mrs. Arjan Singh Trust-
- The Indian Air Force today honored the Marshal and Mrs. Arjan Singh Trust of the Air Force. The award ceremony was held during a function at the Akash Air Force Officers' Mess, New Delhi on the Foundation's Foundation Day, in which Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC Chairman, Chief of Staff Committee and Chief of Air Committee And retired Air Force president, trustees and senior officers of the Indian Air Force. The Chief of the Air Force in his speech thanked the Trust's founders and appreciated the great work done by the Trust for the welfare of the serving and retired air warriors, including their widows and dependents.
- Marshal of Air Force Arjan Singh DFC, Padma Vibhushan played an important role in 1965 by stopping the code named "Operation Grand Slam" Pakistani Armor Offensive. He was also appointed as the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi in 1989. He and his wife Smt. Teji Singh contributed their personal funds of Rs 2.25 crore on September 22, 2004 for the establishment of the said philanthropic trust.
- Dr. Arvind Singh, the son of a trustee of the Marshall and Life Trust, specially came from America to participate in the event. He gave an emotional speech in memory of Marshall.
- To mark the felicitation ceremony, a grand booklet on the trust and a poetic book on the marshal released "The work is yet to be done" Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC President COSC and CAS and Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha PVSM AVSM Jointly done by VM ADC (Retd). A memento was also presented to the Trust.
3. National Disaster Management Institute will organize a workshop on post-disaster need assessment (PDNA) tomorrow-
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) is organizing a one-day National Workshop on Post-Disaster Needs Assessment (PDNA) tomorrow, 23 September 2019. Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Shri Nityanand Rai will be the chief guest on the occasion.
- The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) initiated a study to develop a scientific instrument on post-disaster need assessment (PDNA) under the National Hurricane Risk Reduction Project (NCRMP).
- The focus of this workshop is to disseminate the outcome documents of the study to all concerned stakeholders so that they can be used as reference documents while preparing the memorandum for submission to the Ministry of Home Affairs in the disaster bylaw phase. The workshop will discuss capacity gaps as well as issues and challenges faced by states in assessment of loss and damage to initiate such detailed exercises.
- In addition to the officials of the Ministry of Home Affairs and National Disaster Management, the Chief Secretaries of Disaster Management of all States and Union Territories and Disaster Management from the concerned Central Ministries / Departments have been invited for the participants in this workshop. Representatives of UNDP, World Bank, ADB, WHO, FAO, WFP, non-governmental organizations and multilateral organizations have also been invited.
4. Kargil to Kohima (K2K) Ultra Marathon - "Glory Run" leaves Kargil-
- Kargil to Kohima (K2K) Ultra Marathon - Air Vice Marshal PM Sinha from Kargil War Memorial, Dras on "Glory Run". AVSM, VSM, dispatched by Air Officer Commanding, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Kargil to Kohima (K2K) Ultra Marathon - a campaign of "Glory Run" by the IAF on the occasion of the 20th year of Kargil Vijay and the true tradition and motto of the Indian Air Force ie "Touch the Sky with Glory". , Kohima War Semantry from Dras, Jammu and Kashmir, to Kohima (Nagaland).
- Kohima and Kargil are the most important outposts in the east and north of North India where two major wars took place in 1944 and 1999 respectively. K2K - Glory Run has started from today which will conclude on 6 November 2019. In this unique effort, a team of 25 air warriors will cover more than 4500 kilometers in 45 days i.e. an average of 100 kilometers per day. The campaign also aims to promote pedestrian safety and the fit India movement by the recent Hon'ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi and pay tribute to the brave bravehearts who have sacrificed their lives for our motherland. Earlier, on 6 September 2019, Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa, Chairman and Chief of the Air Force Committee, handed over the 'Glory Torch' to Squadron Leader Suresh Razdan at Air Force Headquarters (Air Bhawan), New Delhi.
- The team has been selected after rigorous selection tests for this ultra-marathon and trained at Air Force Station Leh. The overall team consists of several officers and airmen, including a woman officer, Flight Lieutenant Rishabh Jeet Kaur and 51-year-old Warrant Officer Indra Pal Singh. The expedition is led by Suresh Razdan, the pilot squadron leader of Su-30 aircraft. The team will pass through the Dras-Leh-Manali highway where the average elevation is 13,000 feet, and will pass through the Tanglang-La mountain, which has an average elevation of 17480 feet. This team will cross snow-capped mountains, many small water streams of ice cold water. Some routes in the Ladakh region are Namiki-La (12198 ft), Faut-La (13510 ft), Tanglang-La (17480 ft), Lachung-la (16613 ft), Baralanch-la (16040 ft) and Rohtang (13129 ft) is. Team during this adventurous expedition from various terrains of Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bengal, Assam and Nagaland to the difficulties of camping and outdoor routes, management and survival in snowfall, rain and extreme climate. Will proceed through.
- The Indian Air Force is promoting adventure activities for its personnel and has achieved several milestones at the national and international levels. With expertise in various adventure disciplines, the Indian Air Force has made a unique attempt to display the qualities of harmony, team spirit and courage, which is the very foundation of a force.