The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 23 July 2019
1. The successful launch of the Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft by GSLV-MK III-MI-
- India's Earthquake Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) MK-III-MI today successfully launched Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft with a mass of 3840 kilograms in a class of Earth.
- Today's Flight was the first operational flight of GSLV-MK III.
- ISRO chairman Dr K Sivan congratulated the launch vehicle and satellite team involved in this challenging mission. "You are a historic day for space science and technology in India.
- Chandrayaan-2 is the second mission on the moon of India. In it, indigenous Arvitar, Ladder (Vikram) and Rover (Pragyan) have been used. Rover Pragyan is located inside Vikram Lender.
- The objective of Chandrayaan-2 mission is to develop and demonstrate critical technology. It includes moon mission capacity, clean-landing on the moon and walking on the moon's surface.
2. Copy of the Cryptology and the Regulation of the Official Digital Currency Bill-2013: Draft and Report:
- An Inter-Ministerial Committee was constituted under the chairmanship of Secretary (Economic Affairs).
- The purpose of the committee was to study the virtual currency and propose proper action.
- Before final decision by the government, the draft of the report and the bill will be reviewed in consultation with all related departments and Regulation Authorities.
3. Human Rights Protection (Amendment) Bill -2019 Passed by the Rajya Sabha with full consensus-
- In addition to the Chief Justice of India, any person who has been the Judge of the Supreme Court, can also be made eligible for appointment as the Chairman of the Commission.
- The number of members of the commission can be increased from two to three, of which one will be women.
- Chairman of the National Backward Classes Commission, Chairman of the National Child Rights Protection Commission and Chief Commissioner of Divya Jangan will be included as members of the Commission.
- The term of the presidents and members of the Commission and the State Commissions can be reduced by five years to three years and they will be eligible for reappointment.
- The affairs of the human rights being discharged by other Union Territories other than the Union Territory of Delhi can be given to the State Commissions, and action will be taken by the Commission in relation to the Delhi Union Territory.