The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 20 July 2019
1. Human Rights Protection (Amendment) Bill-2019-
- In the Human Rights Protection Act, 1993, the National Human Rights Commission for the protection of human rights was enacted to provide for the establishment of the State Human Rights Commission and Human Rights Courts.
- Based on the principle of Paris, this proposed amendment will strengthen the Commission as well as State Commissions, to effectively protect and promote their autonomy, independence, multi-purpose and human rights.
- The number of members of the Commission can be increased from two to three, from which one will be women.
- Chairman of the National Backward Classes Commission, Chairman of the National Child Rights Protection Commission and Chief Commissioner of Divya Jana will be included as members of the Commission.
2. Broadband preparation index for 2 States and UTs was launched-
- Telecom (DOT) and Indian Council for International Economic Relations Research (ICRIER) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) for the purpose of developing broadband preparation index (BRI) for the states and UTs of the country.
- National Digital Communication Policy (NDCP) In 2018, Broadcasting and Power Sectors have been underlined the need to create a strong digital communication infrastructure using existing assets. Which includes the states, local bodies and the collaborative model of the private sector.
- The broadband preparation index (BRI) will have two parts. In the first part, focus on basic infrastructure development will be based on nine scale. The second part will include the scale or criteria related to the demand side, which will be recorded through primary surveys.
3. GII Released- On July 24, 2019-
- The Global Innovation Index (GII) will be released in New Delhi on July 24, 2019 by the Union Commerce and Industry and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal.
- With the release of GII this year, new levels and outcomes of the economies of different countries will be revealed, it will be 12th GII for 125 countries.
- GII measures how the environment of the countries of the world, on the basis of 80 detailed norms, is permissible for innovation.
- "The evaluation of the medical innovation scenario of the next decade" is the original theme of this year.
- On July 24, 2019, there will be two group discussions on topics like "Asia: Innovation Center for the Future".
- There will be a second group discussion on "Creating a Healthy Life - The Future of Medical Innovation".