The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 19 July 2019
1. India's United Nations Economic and Trade Committee meeting on 13th-
- On 13 July 2019, the 13th meeting of the United Kingdom United Economic and Trade Committee (JETCO) was held in London, in the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry and Ministry of Railways and the Ministry of Trade of the UK.
- During this meeting, their strategic economic partnership and increasing bilateral trade relations were deliberately underlined.
- In the last three years, aggregate trade between India and Britain increased by 27 percent. Total business totaled 20.5 billion pounds.
- The total business of goods and services has grown to 13.3 billion pounds and 7.2 billion pounds, respectively.
2. The INS Sea sound was flagged off for 'Sagar Maitri'
- INS Sea Sound, Naval Physics and Marine Laboratory (NPOL), Sea Sound Research vessel (MARS) of Kochi, which is operated by the Indian Navy. This' Marine and Related Intervention Training and Research Initiative (MAITRI) was sent from Kochi to Maitri.
- The main objective of the Sagar Mantri Mission is to establish long-term cooperation with 8 countries of all Indian Ocean region in the area of collection of data in the entire northern Indian Ocean including the Andaman Sea and the adjoining maritime area and sea research and development.
- INS Sea Sound has been manufactured by indigenous technology from GRSE Limited, Kolkata.
- Indian Navy and NPOL Sonar system jointly engaged in research and development on water monitoring technology and marine environment and marine materials.