The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 18 September 2019
1. Successful test of the air-to-air missile 'Astra' from SU-30 MKI
- Successfully test-fired air-to-air missile 'Astra' from SU-30 MKI on Odisha Beach on 16 September 2019. The missile was launched from the MU-30 MKI today for testing. The missile struck the target accurately in the air. This demonstrated the capability of indigenous air-to-air missile.
- Mission profile prepared on the basis of set standards. Various radars, sensors and electro-optical tracking systems (EOTS) monitored the missile and confirmed the target was shot down.
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh congratulated the DRDO and Air Force team for this successful test.
2. Launch of Ayushman Bharat Fortnight
- Central Health and Family Welfare, while announcing the launch of Ayushman Bharat Fortnight, told the media, "The journey of Ayushman Bharat begins with the inauguration of Health and Wellness Center (HWC) in Jangla, a remote area of Chhattisgarh on 14 April 2018. Hui. It reached its culmination with the launch of 'Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)', the second pillar of Ayushman Bharat in Ranchi, Jharkhand on 23 September 2018. I am very happy to announce that in a short span of time, more than 21,000 Health and Wellness Centers (HWC) have been started under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme and about 47 lakh people have received treatment under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana He said that during the fortnight of Ayushman Bharat, the main features of the two pillars along with this scheme and its associated benefits. Will raise awareness. He said that after the completion of one year of the launch of 'Ayushman Bharat- Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY)', we are celebrating Ayushman Bharat Fortnight (15-30 September). A national campaign to be conducted throughout this fortnight will raise awareness about preventive, promotional and therapeutic aspects of nutrition, nutrition, yoga and healthy lifestyles through Ayushman Bharat and other related initiatives such as nutrition campaign and cleanliness campaign .
3. Fifth International Ramayana Festival organized by Indian Council for Cultural Relations
- Speaking at the fifth International Ramayana Festival organized by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, the Union Home Minister said that there can be no better program than staging the Ramayana to fulfill all the objectives of propagating Indian culture. He said that there is a lot of power in the epic Ramayana and the expression of continuous flow of thousands of years is only through the Ramayana. It is known from the Ramayana that when the dignity of a woman is omitted then the state is omitted, culture is omitted. is. Referring to Gandhiji, he said that when Kaka Saheb Kalelkar was asked to write the preface of Kautilya's Ethics in one sentence, Gandhiji had written that it is not a text, it is a text. In the same way, after reading Ramayana, solution of all the problems of personal life, social life and country can be found in Ramayana. Shri Shah said that Ramayan has crossed the limits of languages and has become an ambassador of Indian culture in many countries.