The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 17 September 2019
1. First Tripartite - Indian Navy, Singapore Navy and Thailand Navy - Military Exercise
- The first tripartite exercise between the Indian Air Force Republic of Singapore Navy (RSN) and Royal Thailand Navy (RTN) commenced on 16 September 2019 at Port Blair. The five-day exercise aims to strengthen maritime inter-relations between Singapore, Thailand and India and improve maritime security in the region. This exercise will strengthen mutual trust between the navies of the three countries.
- Missile stealth frigate RSN Tinesis, missile frigate HTMS Krabori and Indian Navy ships Ranveer, Missile Corvette and Petrol Vessel Sukanya and long-range marine aircraft P8I are participating in the exercise. Mutual interaction and sports programs will be organized at Port Blair. From September 18 to September 20, 2020, ground and air combat exercises will be conducted. There will be force protection measures, use of guns and practice of communication. Navies will have a chance to learn each other's best practices.
- Indian Navy - RSN - RPM tripartite exercise will improve the spirit of mutual cooperation.
2. Wargaming software assigned to Indian Navy-
- The Institute for Systems Studies and Analysis (ISSA) Delhi, a prestigious laboratory of the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), in collaboration with the Maritime Warfare Center, Visakhapatnam, has designed a new generation of 'wargaming software' to address the contemporary operational needs of the Indian Navy. To be completed. 'Wargaming Software' was launched in New Delhi today by Secretary, Defense Research and Development Department and Dr. G.D. Satish Reddy handed over to Vice Admiral D. Ashok Kumar, Deputy Chief of Naval Staff.
- Through this software, Maritime Warfare Centers will be supported in training through modern technology and other computer equipment.
3. Special Training Program for Public Administrators of Maldives and Bangladesh by NCGG-
- The National Center for Good Governance (NCGG) is organizing special training programs for the public administrators of Maldives and Bangladesh in Mussoorie and Delhi from 16 to 28 September 2019 under the Indian Technical and Economic Cooperation Program. The NCGG imparts good governance training to the public administrators. Is a leading institution. It has been training public administrators of many countries in South Asia and Africa for a long time. In the next five years, NCOG will provide training to 1800 administrators from Bangladesh and 1000 administrators from Maldives.
4. Inauguration of National Clean Coal Research and Development Center in Bengaluru-
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology, inaugurated the National Center for Clean Coal Research and Development at the Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru today. The Government of India through the Department of Science and Technology has set up a National Center for Clean Coal Research and Development as a national level faculty for research and development of clean coal.
5. India-Thailand joint military exercise 'Maitri-2019' launched-
- 'Friendship', an annual bilateral joint exercise between the Indian Army and the Royal Thailand Army, launched today at the Overseas Training Node (FTN), Umroi, Meghalaya. The purpose of this exercise is to provide joint training to soldiers in counter-insurgency operations both in forested areas and urban landscapes. Military Exercise Friendship - 2019 is being held in view of the long bilateral relations between India and Thailand since 2006.
- This 14-day military exercise is being carried out under the mandate of the United Nations. Military teams from both countries will share their valuable experiences in combating terrorism in the form of lectures, exercises, demonstrations and weapon skills aimed at refining contingency tactics, techniques and procedures.
- The exercise will conclude with a 48-hour joint exercise, which will demonstrate the planning and execution of soldiers' combined skills while conducting counter-terrorism operations.