The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 09 September 2019
1. America's Heartland International Film Festival will explore "Special Focus on India"-
- Indian delegation met key representatives of the International Film Fraternity on the third day of Toronto International Film Festival 2019. Discussions were held on various topics including participation in the Golden Jubilee edition of IFFI, the possibility of increasing the government's focus of "ease of filming", recent initiatives to promote film facilitation in the form of single window clearance and India's M&E sector. Under included the possibilities of growth of various sectors.
- During the discussions, Ms. Hannah Fisher, the programming head of the Heartland International Film Festival of America, suggested that India may have a special focus for the festival starting 10 October 2019 under the Foreign Language category. Ms. Fisher said that this would help to increase the status of the Golden Jubilee edition of IFFI 2019 among the participants and international audience at the festival.
- Indian delegation met Mr. Greg Schwenek - CEO / Co-founder of Newport Beach Film Festival. The meeting discussed the possibility of increasing the presence of Indian film in the entire North America continent along with exploring business opportunities and collaboration ventures to ensure growth of the M&E sector.
- Discussions with senior representatives of Global Gate Entertainment - Mr. William Phifer and Ms. Meg Thompson under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India - focused on the policy framework of films, especially in terms of the ease of filming in India. Appreciating the initiative of the Government of India for ease of shooting, Mr. Fifer suggested that if the process of promotion is expedited, it will give value to the structure and structure, which will help to promote film production in India. He also agreed to make the participants aware about IFFI 2019 and suggested to provide names of famous directors, filmmakers, producers and actors, who may be invited to IFFI this year.
- Ms. Philip Mosman, head of the International Screen Attraction of the New Zealand Film Commission, and representatives of the Israel Film Fund to organize the celebrations; In both ceremonies, the possibility of India becoming a "focus country" and expediting co-creation agreements was discussed. The Indian delegation also met with Mr. Thomas Rado, President / CEO of Gibraltar and Palme, and Ms. Dilani Rabindran, with whom the possibility of participating in the 50th edition of IFFI was discussed.
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, in collaboration with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), is participating in the 'Toronto International Film Festival' in Toronto, Canada from 5–15 September 2019. The Indian delegation includes Mr. Chaitanya Prasad, Additional Director General of the Film Festival Directorate and Ms. Dhanpreet Kaur, Deputy Secretary (Film), Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
- The market potential for Indian content in Toronto is immense due to the strong presence of Indian expatriates and the huge interest in Indian cinema. There is a co-production agreement between India and Canada and opportunities to work on co-production films with Canada will be explored by the delegation during the ceremony.
2. The President inaugurated the National Youth Conference-
- National Youth Conference inaugurated in New Delhi by President Shri Ram Nath Kovind (7 September 2019). The conference was organized by Yuva Jagriti Mission, a youth wing of the Pavan Chintan Dhara Charitable Trust, Ghaziabad.
- On this occasion, the President said that today's India is full of youth power. There is immense talent and energy in our youth. This talent and energy must be properly developed and utilized. There are eight hundred million youth in our country, who with their creative power can take India's progress and human civilization to new heights.
- The President said that we have to work for the well-being and welfare of ourselves, society and country. The role of education is of the utmost importance to have the right vision and prudence to achieve this objective. He said that a self-reliant and patriotic person can contribute to nation building by working in any area of life.
3. The first military medical conference of SCO member countries will be held in New Delhi on September 12-13, 2019-
- The First Military Medical Conference of Shanghai Co-Operation Organization (SCO) member countries will be held in New Delhi on 12-13 September 2019. After becoming an SCO member country in 2017, this will be the first military cooperation program organized by India under the SCO Defense Cooperation Scheme 2019-2020.
- The conference will be organized by the Indian Armed Forces under the aegis of the Head Quarters Integrated Defense Staff (FQIDS), which aims at sharing best practices, building capabilities and addressing common challenges in the field of military medicine. During the conference, the Indian Armed Forces will showcase the Rapid Action Medical Team and will also arrange a visit to the Army Research and Referral Hospital for delegates.
- Measures to provide war medical assistance, humanitarian aid during disasters and to improve patient safety will be discussed among military medical experts of SCO member states. SCO member countries will be represented by senior military practitioners. Dialogue partners Nepal and Sri Lanka are also sending their delegations to participate in this conference.
- The conference will be launched from a delegation meeting between SCO member countries to discuss areas of cooperation in the field of military medicine.