The Gist of PIB in English for UPSC, UPPSC/UPPCS, MPSC, BPSC & All State PCS Exams - 06 August 2019
1. Two resolutions and two bills related to Jammu and Kashmir passed in Rajya Sabha
- In the Rajya Sabha, the Home Minister presented two resolutions and two bills for consideration and passing under the Jammu and Kashmir Reorganization Bill 2019 to remove Article 370 from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Ordinance of the Constitution for Jammu and Kashmir as per the provisions of 370 (1).
- Resolution to abolish 370 as per 370 (3)
- Bill for reorganization of Jammu and Kashmir
- 10% reservation bill for EWS in Jammu and Kashmir
The Union Home Minister said that the people of the valley also have the right to live with the 21st century.
- Due to Section 370, the laws made by the government do not reach there. He said that the Modi government wants to give a good future to the youth, wants to give them good education, good employment, and make them prosperous so that the same way the other parts of India have developed, the same valley should also develop.
- Responding to the allegations of the opposition, it said that there is currently President's rule in Jammu and Kashmir and under that authority, the President's Constitution Order 2019 (for Jammu and Kashmir) is being presented in this House of Parliament.
- Section 370 is already temporary and the temporary system was dragged for 70 years. He said that this amendment will not apply except for clause one of Article 370. Along with this, a proposal was also made to abolish the status of special state that Jammu and Kashmir got and a separate union territory would be formed along with the Legislative Assembly in Jammu and Kashmir, while Ladakh was talked about to be made a union territory.
- After repealing Article 370, the doors of private investment will be opened in Jammu and Kashmir, which will increase the chances of development there. Increased investment will increase employment generation and further improve socio-economic infrastructure in the state. He said that buying land would bring investment from private people and multinational companies and give a boost to the local economy.
2. Organizing the Second All India Annual Conference of IIS Officers
The Second All India Annual Conference of Indian Information Service Officers was held at the Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi today. The conference was organized with a view to achieve comprehensive integration of all media units under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting to expand government communications.
Adopt integrated and theme based communication approach under this conference; Regional expansion of social media and use of integrated dashboards; Adopt a format for assessing the impact of government communications; A session was organized on the plan to commemorate the golden jubilee edition of Guru Nanak's 550th anniversary, 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, 75 years of Indian independence and Golden Jubilee edition of Indian International Film Festival. Performance of media units under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting was also reviewed during the conference.
3. DRDO successfully tested state-of-the-air missile successfully with a state-of-the-art quick response against direct air target from ITR Chandipur
- The Defense Research Development Organization (DRDO) today successfully test-fired a state-of-the-art rapid response surface-to-air missile against direct air targets from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur.
- Two missiles developed by DRDO were tested against two direct targets which successfully managed to break its target. QRSAM equipped with many state-of-the-art technologies has met the targets on different ranges and heights.
- The testing of these systems has been done with the final configuration with missiles on a vehicle radar and launcher.
- These systems are equipped with Indigenously Built Fused Array Radar, Innerial Navigation System, Data Link and RF Sikar.
- Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh has congratulated DRDO and Industries on achieving this remarkable achievement.