Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav : In this order of Commemoration The Country celebrates the 250th Birth Anniversary of, The Father of the Indian Renaissance, Raja Ram Mohan Roy, by organising an, All India Essay Competition
About Raja Ram Mohan Roy:
Raja Ram Mohan Roy is considered as the Pioneer of Indian Renaissance. He was instrumental in freeing the Indian society from the bondage of evil practices while adjusting with the current social customs to move ahead with the much required reforms in the society. Roy was born in Radhanagar, Bengal on 22 May 1772. He was very vocal in opposing the practices like Sati, Child Marriage, Polygamy, Religious Superstitions and other practices of creating social divisions and dedicated his life in eradicating these social and religious malpractices from the society.
Essay Competition Details:
- Participants who meet the below given age criteria, are welcome to participate in this All India Essay Competition.
Prizes to be won:
- 1st Prize – Cash Prize of Rs.31000/-
- 2nd Prize – Cash Prize of Rs.21000/-
- 3rd Prize – Cash Prize of Rs.11000/-
- 100 Consolation Prizes
The first three winners would be invited to receive their awards in a Grand Ceremony which would be held in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh). (Traveling and boarding expenses of winners would be borne by Dhyey Foundation).
Consolation Prize winners would receive their cash awards directly in their bank accounts and Certificates would be provided through email.
Participation Certificates will be given to all participants.
- 15 years to 40 years. (Born after January 1983 and before May 2007)
Entry submission Date:
- 22nd May 2022, (09:00 am. to 09:00 pm.)
- English or Hindi
- There are 5 topics given below choose any one as your topic
- शैक्षिक व सांस्कृतिक पुनर्जागरण के अग्रदूत राजा राममोहन राय व
वर्तमान समाज पर उनकी छाप
Raja Ram Mohan Roy, the Forerunner of the educational and cultural renaissance and his impression on the present society.
- राजा राममोहन राय का आंदोलन: सामाजिक शोधन की कसौटी
Social sanctification and the movement of Raja Ram Mohan Roy.
- ‘‘एक मुक्त प्रेस क्रांति नहीं ला सकती परंतु अभिव्यक्ति पर रोक कई
क्रांतियों को जन्म देती है’’ - राजा राममोहन राय
A free press can not cause a revolution whereas, prohibition on the expression causes various revolutions." - Raja Ram Mohan Roy
- "केवल ज्ञान की ज्योति द्वारा ही मानव मन के अन्धकार को दूर किया जा
सकता है"- राजा राममोहन राय
"The darkness of the human mind can be dispelled only by the light of knowledge"
- स्त्रीमुक्ति व अधिकारों के लिए राजा राममोहन राय के प्रयास और
Efforts and achievements of Raja Ram Mohan Roy for women's emancipation and rights
- 1000 - 1200 words.
- 2nd June 2022
- Prof. Manoj Dixit (Former Vice Chancellor, Avadh University, HOD Public Administration Lucknow University)
- A.K. Srivastava Sir (Retd. Senior Bureaucrat)
- Prof. Y. P. Singh (Head of Department, Hindi, University of Lucknow)
- Dr. Ramashankar Singh (Academic Fellow, Dr. Ambedkar University, Delhi)
- Dr. Arun Prakash (Writer and Academician who has been bestowed with the Swami Brahmanand Award- 2020)
- Please upload your essay in PDF format after filling the form.
- Please ensure that the size of the PDF file is below 10 MB. Essay can be submitted at any of our contact centers also.
- A student can also write the essay at our contact center. Writing material and booklet would be provided at the center itself.
- Please make sure to submit/upload the essay before 09:00 pm., 22nd May 2022.
Our Center Details:
- Delhi (Mukherjee Nagar): A 12, 13, Ansal Building, Dr. Mukherjee Nagar, Delhi - 110009
- Delhi (Laxmi Nagar) : 1/53, 2nd floor, Lalita Park, Near Gurudwara, Opposite Pillar no.23, Laxmi Nagar, Delhi -110092
- Uttar Pradesh (Greater Noida): 4th Floor Veera Tower, Alpha 1 Commercial Belt., Greater Noida, UP - 201310
- Uttar Pradesh (Prayagraj) : II & III Floor, Shri Ram Tower, 17C, Sardar Patel Marg, Civil Lines, Prayagraj, UP - 211001
- Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow "Aliganj") : A-12, Sector-J, Aliganj, Lucknow, UP- 226024
- Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow "Gomti Nagar") : CP-1, Jeewan Plaza, Viram Khand-5, Near Husariya Chauraha, Gomti Nagar, Lucknow , UP - 226010
- Uttar Pradesh (Lucknow "Alambagh") : 58/1 , Sector-B Opposite Phoenix Mall Gate No. 3, L.D.A Colony , Alambagh Lucknow, UP - 226005
- Uttar Pradesh (Gorakhpur) : 2nd Floor Narayan Tower, Gandhi Gali,Golghar, Gorakhpur, UP - 273001
- Uttar Pradesh (Kanpur) : 113/154 Swaroop Nagar, Near HDFC Bank, Kanpur, UP - 208002
- Odisha (Bhubaneswar) : OEU Tower, Third Floor, KIIT Road, Patia, Bhubaneswar, Odisha - 751024
Note: In case your name features in the winners list, you would be required to furnish your age proof and Aadhar Number to claim the Prize award. This would be used for verification of the age criteria.